- IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!
What’s in the new edition?
- Now on waterproof, tear resistant paper.
- New lines! We’ve removed a few unpopular routes from the book, and replaced them with some big peaks and high alpine zones within striking distance of the existing zones.
- GPS Coordinates. Trailheads, skin track starts, and skin track ends will all have GPS coordinates for you to lock into your device.
- Avalanche Information. We’ve worked with the Kling Mountain Guides to help explain each zone’s terrain as it relates to avalanche hazards. You’ll see references to slope angles, terrain traps, convexities, and other hazards to keep in mind on each given zone.
Many mountain ranges don’t have a year-round maintained road passing through them. The San Juan Range from Durango, through Silverton, to Ouray has three passes. Highway 550 brings powder-hounds through some of Colorado’s most rugged and diverse ski terrain. Silverton Mountain, at the heart of the San Juans, boasts an annual snowfall of 400 inches.
Off-Piste Ski Atlas, Silverton offers up all the necessary information for skiing the best backcountry spots in the area in a portable book that is extremely durable and lightweight.
Maps of the region, aerial photographs of each ski run, and legend keys are designed to give the user the most pertinent information for riding the goods safely and wisely.